If you feel like your skin is in need of some freshening up, you could probably use a facial. Regularly getting one helps keep skin health in tip-top shape – and can also be a relaxing experience.
Facials are commonly thought of as a lavish treat you should only indulge in before a major occasion, but in reality, they are an essential component of effective skin care. Along with the right skin care regimen, regular facial treatments can help you maintain healthy, glowing skin.
Certain facials can even help treat a few of the early signs of aging and other skin issues. Let’s take a look.
It All Starts With Your Skin Type
The right facial would depend on your skin type and its unique concerns. These include:
- Combination skin. This type of skin has both oily and dry areas. Large pores on the nose or T-zone are common, and it’s possible to have dry, flaky skin on the cheeks or the U-zone.
- Dry skin. Dry skin can feel tight and can sometimes appear dull, and people who have dry skin can suffer from cracking or peeling. Dry weather conditions, certain chemicals and hot water can also dry out skin.
- Oily skin. Oily skin tends to produce excess oil throughout the entire face. As a result, this skin type is characterized by large pores that can easily get clogged by excess oil and dirt, causing blackheads, whiteheads, and acne breakouts.
- Sensitive skin. This type is quite reactive and can get agitated when exposed to certain substances, which can also bring about a tingling or stinging sensation. Using the wrong products can also aggravate the irritation and cause itchy spots to appear.
- Normal skin. The skin has a normal pH balance, also characterized by a smooth, even complexion. Normal skin types are also less sensitive or reactive.
Choosing a Facial That Suits You
It’s best to consult with a skincare professional to determine the right facial for your needs, but here are some useful guidelines to refer to as well:
For Combination Skin
Since combination skin has both oily and dry patches (along with acne in some situations), different parts of the face may require different treatments. Extractions for the clogged pores on the face and enzyme facials, chemical peels, or micro-needling procedures are all examples of potentially beneficial treatments, for instance.
For Dry Skin
Since dry skin generates less oil, the skin is more prone to dehydration. This can affect the speed of the body’s natural exfoliating processes, which leads to the build- up of dead skin cells on the outer layer, which can cause dullness. The appropriate facial treatments for dry skin include delicate exfoliation as well as hydrating ones to moisturize the skin.
For Oily Skin
Oily skin is often acne-prone since the residue from skincare products and make-up can easily clog the pores, along with excess oil, dead skin cells, dirt, etc. A suitable skin treatment should contain an exfoliant like salicylic or glycolic acid to help unclog the pores and keep acne at bay.
For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin requires a facial with ingredients that will not irritate the skin. Products that are fragrance-free are often preferable, as is a provider who is not overly aggressive while performing the facial.
For Normal Skin
Got normal skin? You’re in luck! Individuals with normal skin can try almost any facial they want, though it’s best to go for treatments that are mild and hydrating.
Advantages of Facial Treatments
Facials help keep the skin healthy and clean, as well as treating or preventing acne and other similar issues. Other advantages of having a facial are:
- Thorough cleansing, exfoliating, and toning, which can help preserve a youthful appearance if done regularly.
- Helps to postpone the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, while also keeping the skin moisturized and supple.
- Gentle facial massages can help preserve firmness and elasticity.
- Promotes relaxation and aids in the reduction of stress and fatigue.
- Increases blood flow and skin resiliency.
- Helps in lymphatic drainage, which removes toxins from the body
Try the Facials That ReJuv Has Just For You!
Here at ReJuv, we have different types of spa grade facials that include acne relief, anti-aging, rejuvenation and some that include enzyme peels. We also offer higher grade MedSpa specialty facials like the Hydrafacial MD and the SaltFacia to help address a variety of concerns and goals.
Why not try the Hydrafacial MD® or The SaltFacial Skin Renewal Therapy™ as well?
Our Hydrafacial MD® is an anti-aging facial that uses Vortex-Fusion® to cleanse the skin and extract debris from the pores along with a glycolic/salicylic acid peel to enhance and firm the skin. The SaltFacial™ is a skin renewal treatment that reveals soft and supple skin with the use of natural sea salt exfoliation, hydrating serums delivered via ultrasound and medical grade LED therapy.
Book an appointment with us today, and treat your skin to the right facial that will give you the best results you deserve!