Let’s Age Together
Aging is a journey best traveled with a partner. The ReJuv experience combines the expertise of Dr. Michele Polon, the comfort of a team who gets it, and access to state-of-the-art Med Spa equipment, technology, and products.
ReJuv was Erie’s first all-inclusive beauty & wellness center offering a perfect synergy of Medicine, Beauty, Aesthetics, and Wellness - all things that can help you look and feel your very best! From expertly administered Botox® and dermal fillers to non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation and a host of laser procedures, we can help you achieve your goals.
Get started today by booking a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Polon who will spend time carefully reviewing your medical history, evaluating your concerns, and developing a customized treatment plan just for you.
We have treated thousands of Erie men and women – your journey begins when you’re ready.
ACNE & ACNE SCARS
Acne is a common skin condition that affects men and women of all ages. Although we think of it typically occurring in adolescents, acne also affects adults, particularly women who are experiencing hormonal changes.
Unfortunately, chronic uncontrolled acne can lead to pigmented and textural scarring. These scars are often not just an aesthetic concern, they can also be a painful reminder of a time in life when you felt embarrassed and insecure.
At ReJuv, we understand how stressful and challenging acne and acne scarring can be and we are here to help improve your appearance and restore your confidence.
The suggested treatment approach will vary depending on a variety of factors including: location, severity, skin type, planned sun exposure, etc. We will develop a treatment plan tailored specifically for you.
Depending on your skin type and severity of acne, we may recommend any of the following treatments:
- Chemical Peels: help to improve skin tone, smooths texture, reduces pore size, and control oil production. ReJuv offers a host of chemical peels including Glytone, Vi Peel, Epionce, Skin Medica and PRX T33
- Laser & Energy treatments:
- Fraxel® DUAL Laser Resurfacing—a minimally invasive laser device that creates micro-injuries in the skin which stimulates the body’s natural healing process by producing new collagen to heal the damage and improve the appearance of scars.
- Spectra™ Hollywood Carbon Laser Peel –a noninvasive, no downtime procedure to rejuvenate and clarify the appearance of the skin. A safe and effective treatment to gently remove the top layer of the skin, clear the pores, shrink sebaceous glands and decrease bacteria.
- Isolaz®—a noninvasive technology that combines vacuum pore cleansing with a broadband light to destroy acne causing bacteria and reduce facial redness.
- Microneedling /RF Microneedling: Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, a popular treatment that produces micro-channels in the skin created by thin needles that penetrate only a few millimeters beneath the skin surface. When this type of controlled wound occurs, the body responds by producing new collagen and healthier tissue which helps to smooth and plump the scars as well as the surrounding skin.
- Specially designed acne skin care products and specialty facials including the SaltFacial® and HydraFacial MD®
LOSS OF FACIAL VOLUME
After age 30 we naturally lose 1-2% of our collagen per year often most notable in our cheeks, lips and the hollows under our eyes. Without surgery and with limited downtime, dermal fillers can help restore a younger-looking appearance by replenishing lost facial volume and smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers are a fast and effective anti-aging treatment with results lasting on average between 9-25 months depending on the type of filler used and the amount of correction achieved.
Dermal fillers are commonly used to plump thin lips, correct volume loss in the cheeks and smile lines, restore hollows, improve perioral lines (smoker/lip lines) and improve some scarring. Dr. Polon prides herself on delivering natural, not overdone results, setting realistic expectations with clients, and educating them on the potential complications and limitations of fillers. She has received extensive training in the art and safety of dermal fillers and offers a full array of Hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm®/Restylane®/Belotero®/etc), as well as Biostimulatory fillers (Sculptra®), in order to have the appropriate product to meet the clients’ needs.
FOREHEAD LINES, SMOKERS LINES, CROWS FEET, FROWN LINES
Wrinkles happen when we have extended exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light, advancing age, smoking and repeated facial expressions.
Prevention begins with protection from the sun using a skin-care product that has at least a 30 SPF in it to protect from UV rays. Other healthy choices like quitting smoking, taking vitamins, eating healthy and drinking plenty of water can also help promote the minimizing of wrinkles.
When prevention isn’t enough, ReJuv offers treatments to help reduce or even eliminate wrinkles.
- Microneedling/RF Microneedling: procedures that utilize tiny needles and radiofrequency energy to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin stimulating new collagen production to help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles allowing the skin to appear firmer and more toned.
- Laser Treatments: minimally invasive treatments that target aging and sun-damaged skin with microscopic laser columns penetrating below the skin to help remodel and increase the production of new collagen thereby smoothing the appearance of wrinkled skin.
- Neurotoxin injections: ReJuv Med Spa offers a full complement of FDA approved injectable Neurotoxins. Neurotoxins (Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, Jeuveau®) temporarily block the nerves ability to stimulate your muscle to contract, thereby allowing the muscles to relax and soften surrounding facial lines. Neurotoxins are most commonly injected into the frown and forehead lines, crows feet (lines around the eyes) and around the lips to soften the perioral lines.
LOOSE / SAGGING SKIN
Loose and sagging skin is one of the most visible signs of aging and can occur anywhere on the face or body but people predominantly seek treatment for loose skin on the lower 2/3 of the face, neck and jowl area. Over time our skin loses its firmness as a result of aging, genetics, UV exposure and lifestyle factors. We will lose approximately 1-2% of our collagen each year after age 30. Many lifestyle choices can help slow down the loss of collagen including: quitting smoking, reducing stress, lowering your caffeine intake and limiting or avoiding harmful ultraviolet exposure.
When you are ready to address loose sagging skin, ReJuv offers skin tightening solutions to help combat these signs of aging:
- EndyMed 3DEEP Radiofrequency (RF) — used to produce deep heat in the dermal layer of the skin to increase collagen, plump and tighten the skin.
- EndyMed Intensif RF (Radiofrequency Microneedling)—a procedure utilizing tiny needles coupled with radiofrequency energy to generate new collagen and elastin for a firmer, more toned appearance.
All of our treatment options are minimally invasive and have little downtime and recovery. In addition, we have a number of other treatments that can diminish wrinkles and add volume to your face leaving you with optimal results when it comes to restoring your youthful appearance. Connect today for a consultation to see what is best for you!
Melasma, Freckles, Sun/Age Spots
Melasma is a common skin condition characterized by grayish-brown patches that appear primarily on the face. Melasma patches most commonly appear on the forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, above the upper lip and sometimes on the neck and arms. Melasma primarily affects women but can also affect men.
The exact causes of melasma are unclear, but generally thought to be due to an overproduction of melanin. People with darker complexions are reportedly more likely to suffer from this condition. Triggers for melasma are sun exposure, skin trauma and other irritants. Melasma is believed to be affected by hormones so women who are taking oral contraceptives or post-menopausal hormone therapy are also more prone to melasma. Melasma is often seen in women during pregnancy and is also referred to as the ‘mask of pregnancy’.
If you are experiencing Melasma, it is crucial to avoid hormonal therapy if possible, and to use SPF 50 daily as any unprotected sun exposure can make existing melasma worse. While there is no cure for Melasma several treatments can help reduce its appearance. ReJuv offers:
- Chemical peels in varying types and strengths
- Customized topical lightening skin care products
- The Spectra™ Laser Peel – the only laser technology that is FDA approved to safely treat Melasma
Freckles, Sun/Age Spots
Stubborn pigmentation spots like freckles, sun/age spots are typically considered signs of aging and often are a result of prior sun exposure. ReJuv Med Spa offers the highest level of treatments for correcting signs of sun damage with a variety of laser technologies suitable for all skin types and budgets to help diminish dark spots, brighten dullness and intensely refresh your complexion. ReJuv offers:
- PhotoRejuvenation (IPL/RF)
- Fraxel® DUAL
- Spectra™ laser peels and precision spot treatment with Alexandrite & Nd: YAG lasers
- Customized topical cosmeceuticals and chemical peels
FACIAL REDNESS / ROSACEA
If you’re one of the estimated 14 million Americans affected by Rosacea, you know constantly having red, inflamed skin on your face is more than just blushing.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that primarily affects the face. It causes redness and flushing and can sometimes have prominent red vessels and small red pus–filled bumps. It usually affects adults and can be mistaken for acne, eczema or an allergic reaction.
Experts are not certain what causes Rosacea, but abnormalities in facial blood vessels, family history and fair skin tone are all considered to contribute to the condition. Other triggers include food sensitivities (gluten/dairy), spicy food, caffeine, extreme temperatures, sunlight, wind, stress and alcohol consumption.
Although there is no cure for Rosacea, patients often reduce the symptoms and improve the appearance with a combination of lifestyle/diet changes, topical cosmeceuticals and in some cases Laser and prescription medications. ReJuv offers several treatment options to soothe your skin and reduce symptoms improving your overall look—and your confidence.
Laser & Light based energy treatments to reduce redness as well as to shrink visible blood vessels and helps to tighten the skin.
- Photorejuvenation (IPL/RF)
- Clarity™ Laser toning (Nd:YAG)
Anti-inflammatory Mandelic Acid Chemical Peels to help reduce skin redness and flushing while resurfacing.
Food Sensitivity testing, Dietary counseling and Probiotic supplementation – a consultation in our wellness division can really be an “eye opener” for some clients. Often once a person is consistently avoiding their food sensitivities their skin will appear much improved.
VAGINAL DRYNESS / STRESS URINARY INCONTINENCE / SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION
With age and after childbirth women start to notice symptoms related to vaginal health that may affect their quality of life. Women are affected at different levels. For many post-menopausal women or women on certain medications vaginal atrophy or dryness is a common symptom they may experience. After childbirth, and even sometimes with menopause, some women may experience bladder leakage throughout the day or simply more frequent urination. Nearly 30-50% of post-menopausal women suffer from stress urinary incontinence and a staggering 80% suffer from vaginal atrophy and dryness. Some other changes that occur that may impact sexual function or satisfaction are vaginal laxity and decreased vaginal sensation.
Symptoms of Altered Vaginal Function
- Vaginal Laxity
- Vaginal Itching
- Vaginal Dryness
- Pain with Intercourse
- Stress Incontinence (Loss of bladder control with exercise, cough, laugh, sneeze)
- Frequent Urination
In menopausal females, symptoms of vaginal atrophy are the result of permanent estrogen loss which can cause the vagina to become narrower, lose depth and become dry with decreased elasticity. Symptoms of vaginal atrophy are most commonly vaginal dryness and pain with intercourse. The urethral lining may also become thinner and lead to issues with bladder control. The same estrogen changes can occur after childbirth although more commonly woman will have symptoms of vaginal laxity and bladder leakage due to the break down and lack of collagen support fibers post pregnancy.
ReJuv is proud to offer, Viveve®, a state-of-the-art treatment to help get you back to feeling like yourself. Viveve® is a comfortable, non-surgical cryogen cooled radiofrequency device which delivers deep heat in the vaginal treatment area. This treatment promotes the production of new and remodeling of existing collagen to rejuvenate the vaginal tissue which improves vaginal dryness. It also helps to strengthen the pelvic floor tissues and results in improved urinary control. This one-time treatment takes about an hour to complete and has no downtime.
Patients can start to notice an improvement in as little as 30 days with more than 90% of women reporting improvement in vaginal tightness, dryness, arousal and overall sexual sensation. 77% of women report improvement in their bladder leakage symptoms by 4-6 months after the treatment.
Connect today for a consult to see if this procedure is right for you.
HAIR THINNING / HAIR LOSS
Less fullness, excessive shedding, a widening part, and creeping hairlines are all signs of hair loss, which is experienced by millions of men and women at some point in their life. The average human scalp has 110,000 hair follicles and it is normal to lose between 50-100 hairs every day. Hair loss can be a very stressful experience that comes with insecurities and unnecessary anxiety about your appearance.
What Causes Hair Loss & Thinning Hair?
- Genetics – Unfortunately, some of us are just predisposed to hair loss or thinning hair.
- Hormones – Innate or supplemental Testosterone converts to DHT which is a strong enemy to the hair follicle in men and women. Women can have excess Testosterone & DHT when they have a condition called Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Loss of estrogen also contributes to hair loss.
- Metabolic Changes – Pregnancy, PCOS, Hypothyroidism
- Poor Scalp Health
- Inflammation/Infection – Fungal rash, Psoriasis, Seborrhea
- Medications – common culprits include: Blood thinners, Chemotherapy agents, Blood pressure medications, Accutane, Oral Contraceptives, Seizure medications, Anti-depressant/anxiety medications
- Poor Nutrition, Vitamin & Micronutrient deficiencies – extreme weight loss, acute illness, leaky gut syndrome, Iron, Vitamin D, and Zinc deficiencies
- Over-processing – excessive chlorine exposure, use of products with sulfates/parabens
- Emotional/physical stress
Effective treatments play a role in stimulating hair follicles back into the growth phase and increasing the number, size and strength of the follicles.
ReJuv offers the following to treat hair loss:
- Prescription medications like Propecia, Rogaine and Spironolactone
- Topical Hair Growth serums that are formulated with growth factors, peptides, cytokines, stem cells and sometimes specialty shampoos and conditioners
- Low Level Laser Treatments like the Revian®Red Cap – an FDA cleared device that promotes growth factors, increases blood supply and decreases inflammation
- Nutritional Improvement and Supplements – Clients may benefit from a discussion with our Registered Dietitian regarding diet, food sensitivity and supplements. We also offer Nutrafol®, a comprehensive physician formula supplement that targets hair loss and is clinically proven to increase hair growth.
- Platlet Rich Plasma/Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRP/PRF) – a solution prepared from your own blood platelets that are packed with helpful growth factors that when injected into the scalp, stimulate the hair follicles, and increase blood flow ultimately leading to thickening of the hair shaft.
UNWANTED FACIAL & BODY HAIR
Having unwanted hair can be frustrating and annoying for both men and women—especially when using razors, hot wax and other hair removal methods can be uncomfortable and time-consuming. Fortunately, those aren’t your only options. ReJuv’s revolutionary laser hair removal technology is a safe and effective solution for targeting hair on virtually any part of your body without the worry about cuts, razor burn or ingrown hairs.
All laser hair removal devices are not the same nor do they deliver the same results. Some of the old technologies were most successful at reducing hair on clients who simply had dark hair on light skin. ReJuv is proud to be at the forefront of laser technology and continue to bring new lasers into our facility that prove to deliver superior results to the widest range of clients. Our advanced hair removal technology has two distinct wavelengths (long-pulsed 755mm Alexandrite & 1064nm Nd: YAG) that make this device capable of treating a wide range of skin colors and tones. One wavelength is suitable for lighter skin and the other is great for darker skin. Each wavelength can be adjusted to varying skin types, hair density and hair colors to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of skin damage and discoloration. Our device offers less discomfort with two built in cooling features and is much quicker than most alternatives as the laser diameter can be easily adjusted to cover larger areas on the body using fewer passes.
Laser hair removal treatments are performed at 4-8 week intervals depending on the area of the body being treated. It is common to periodically desire “touch-up” or maintenance treatments depending on the initial density and color of the hair, as well as other contributing factors that may promote unwanted hair such as hormonal irregularities.
Connect today to let our advanced hair removal technology help you gain confidence by treating unwanted hair almost anywhere on the face and body!
Spider veins are small, thin veins that lie close to the surface of the skin and most commonly appear on the thighs, calves and ankles. They are typically not painful or harmful but some may wish to treat them for cosmetic purposes.
Spider veins can be blue, purple or red and appear as a thin, flat line or branch out in a web pattern. Spider & varicose veins occur when valves inside the veins weaken or get damaged allowing for back flow and pooling of blood in the vein. This back flow pressure can lead to bulging in larger varicose veins and telangiectasias (spider appearance) in smaller more superficial veins. Factors associated with an increased risk of developing spider veins include: genetics, pregnancy, female sex, advancing age, carrying excess weight, hormone therapy, prolonged sitting/standing and having a prior deep vein clot (DVT).
Spider veins can be treated at ReJuv with laser therapy or sclerotherapy which both provide satisfactory results with almost no downtime.
- Sclerotherapy –a non-surgical treatment option where the veins are injected with a sclerosing solution that causes the veins to become irritated and close down, causing the blood to reroute through healthier veins.
- Laser Vein Treatment – a treatment utilizing a laser that delivers controlled pulses of light energy to the vein which generates heat that damages the vessel and causes it to close down. Laser light can collapse the vessel without damaging the surrounding superficial skin.
As a result of either treatment, the spider vein fades in appearance over time. The treatments are both well tolerated and have minimal downtime. Clients will need to wear compression stockings after the treatment and should avoid getting sun on the treatment areas to prevent staining. We commonly use a combined treatment approach of sclerotherapy and laser therapy, however, your customized treatment program will depend on the number and intensity of the veins present. Multiple treatments are often required to achieve optimal results.
STRETCHMARKS & SCARS
A stretch mark is a type of scar that develops when our skin stretches quickly to a point
where it does not bounce back. Anyone can develop stretch marks, although they tend to affect more women than men. Abrupt changes such as growth spurts in puberty, pregnancy and excess weight gain cause the collagen and elastin, which support our skin, to rupture. These marks first appear as pink, red, or purple streaks across the skin and most commonly occur on the abdomen, hips, arms, buttocks, legs and breasts. As the skin heals, the stretchmarks color can fade to a white or silver appearance. It is best to start treatment early in the appearance of the stretchmarks as there is more success with treatment prior to it becoming a white/silver scar.
ReJuv offers the following solutions:
- Fraxel® DUAL Laser – The Fraxel® laser is an FDA approved fractional nonablative laser therapy designed to treat stretch marks in addition to many other conditions (acne scars, sun spots, aging skin). This laser makes microscopic cuts in the skin, in order to deliver heat to the levels of the skin necessary to stimulate new collagen production. This results in a smoother appearance and improvement in the color of the stretchmark.
- SkinPen® Microneedling — minimally invasive technique which involves a series of tiny, very fine needles that are passed over the skin, creating micro-injuries which trigger your body’s natural healing mechanism. These micro-injuries stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, the scaffolding under the skin, which improves the appearance of stretchmarks, scars and wrinkles.
- EndyMed Intensif RF – Radiofrequency Microneedling –the RF microneedling treatment adds an element of radiofrequency energy to the traditional microneedling procedure. The RF energy is delivered to the treatment area using tiny needles. Along with providing the basic benefits of micro-injury to the skin by microneedles, the RF provides additional deep heat energy in the dermis which leads to even more collagen and elastin production and further constricts, tightens and plumps the skin.
This combination therapy produces quicker and more dramatic outcomes for stretchmark, scar and wrinkle reduction.
While the occurrence of stretch marks are beyond our control, there are finally good treatment options to help reduce and minimize their unwanted appearance. A series of treatments are required for optimal results. Connect to see if these treatments are right for you!
When dead skin cells build up on the outer layers of skin, it makes it appear dull, flakey and dry. Dead skin cells happen for many reasons, be it lack of moisture, poor nutrition, tobacco use or simply due to the natural aging process. As we age, skin cell turnover slows down and extends to every 28-45 days by the time we are 30 years old, 45-60 days by the time we are 40 and 60-90+ days as we continue to age.
If your skincare routine is no longer giving you the result you ultimately desire, then it’s time to let the professionals at ReJuv help you turn heads with glowing, smoother and tighter skin. Men and women of all ages head to our Med Spa for skin care and anti-aging solutions. Advancements in non-surgical, minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatments has made achieving even-toned, youthful-looking, tighter skin easier than ever to achieve!
Significant results can often be achieved in a single visit or with a short series of treatments with minimal to no discomfort or downtime!
Some of the treatment options ReJuv offers to help improve dull skin include:
- The SaltFacial®
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Treatments
- Customized cosmeceutical skin care regimens
Connect today to arrange a consult to get on track to achieving a more youthful glow!
Cellulite is the dimpled-looking skin that commonly appears on the thighs, hips, buttocks and abdomen. 80-90% of women and 10% of men experience cellulite in one area of their body or another. Even very young, thin, healthy individuals can have cellulite. No matter how much one diets and exercises, they may continue to experience stubborn cellulite that just won’t go away.
Cellulite forms when fibrous bands pull the skin tissue down trapping pockets of fat underneath the skin surface, resulting in a lumpy and dimpled appearance.
The exact cause of cellulite is unknown, but several factors appear to be linked to increasing your chance of suffering from it including hormonal changes, lower circulation in the area, aging skin, genetics, high sugar/carbohydrate diet, smoking and inactivity.
Cellulite has always been a very difficult condition to treat, however now more than ever we have new advances to help improve and minimize the appearance. Cellulite treatments are often temporary and will require several treatments to get to goal and follow up treatments to maintain results.
ReJuv offers the following treatments for cellulite:
VASERShape® — a non-invasive ultrasound and massage treatment that smooths, firms and shapes the body. VASERShape® temporarily reduces the appearance of cellulite, and increases local blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. The treatment uses ultrasound waves to warm the targeted problem area and treat the underlying fatty tissue. It then uses zonal lymphatic massage to drain away excess toxins and lipids for removal from the body. VASERShape® is a comfortable massage-like treatment that typically requires three to five sessions for noticeable results.
EndyMed 3DEEP Radiofrequency (RF) – a non-invasive treatment which delivers non-destructive heating to the connective tissue within the dermis and subdermis to trigger a collagen remodeling response and increase in circulation which leads to improvements in skin structure, tightening of lax and sagging skin and improvements in the appearance of cellulite.
Connect today if you are unhappy with cellulite and want to see if you are a candidate for treatments that can help improve the appearance and increase your confidence!
Approximately one-third of people in the United States have one or more tattoos. But while your ink no doubt “seemed like a good idea at the time,” at some point up to 50% of people will change their mind about their tattoo.
ReJuv is proud to offer the newest and most innovative laser technology to remove unwanted tattoos. The Spectra™ dual mode Q-switch Nd:YAG laser has become the gold standard in treating tattoos of all colors with minimal discomfort and with no downtime. Although all colors can be treated, some may be more difficult to treat and will require more treatments for desired results.
The Spectra™ laser uses FDA approved gentle but powerful short-pulse laser technology to target pigment and break them into smaller, minute fragments which are then absorbed by the body and eliminated by the immune system.
The Spectra’s unprecedented short laser pulses also resurface skin cells and activate the natural regenerative processes of the skin on a deeper cellular level which means less thermal damage and reduced inflammation – allowing for a more comfortable treatment with little to no downtime.
The number of treatments needed will vary from person to person and based on the size, color, location and depth of the tattoo. Treatments are typically spaced apart by at least 8-10 weeks to allow for maximum extraction of pigment following each session.
If you have unwanted ink, schedule an appointment at ReJuv today!
SKIN LESION REMOVAL
As we age, it is common to develop moles, skin tags, cherry hemangiomas and other growths on our skin. Clients often request the removal of these benign skin lesions due to irritation or simply because they do not like the appearance. Dr. Polon has experience removing various growths from most areas of the face and body for the last 20+ years and can also perform biopsies of growths that are suspected to possibly be more concerning and submit for pathological analysis. Several techniques may be utilized depending on the type of lesion and location including electrocautery, excision, laser and cryotherapy. Connect for a consult if you have a mole, skin tag, cyst, hemangioma or other skin lesion you would like addressed.